Rudolph Ballentine, MD
In this second edition of Radical Healing, Rudolph Ballentine, MD, presents a new vision for the future of healthcare and wellbeing; a vision that provides profound physical, emotional, and spiritual healing through the integration of holistic practices and modern medicine. He maps the differences and overlap of modern medicine with ancient ayurvedic practices, homeopathy, and traditional Chinese medicine, in an effort to redefine and empower the 21st-century approach to wellness.
The content in this book is drawn from Dr. Ballentine’s 40+ years of case-study experience, research, and medical practice, and offers:
- Comprehensive and inspiring case studies
- An extensive resource section
- Prevention and treatment methods for 100+ common ailments, disorders, and illnesses
Unlike the original version, this second edition of Radical Healing also includes:
- A new preface geared toward alternative medicine's growing audience
- Further insight into the spiritual core of the major holistic healing traditions
- A revised and expanded Self-Help Index for the prevention and treatment of more than 100 common ailments, disorders, and illnesses
- An up-to-date reference list to guide further study
- A General Index that now includes the Self-Help Index and Resources chapters
About the Author
Rudolph Ballentine, MD, is a pioneer of the holistic health movement and graduate of the Duke University School of Medicine. He is the director of the Center for Holistic Medicine, which offers integrative approaches to treatment such as psychotherapy, homeopathy, ayurveda, yoga, meditation, and applied kinesiology. Dr. Ballentine also served as the president of the Himalayan Institute for 12 years and as the director of its Combined Therapy Department for 18 years. He is the author of several books, including Diet & Nutrition.
"Radical Healing is a stunning achievement. By integrating the major healing and wisdom traditions, Dr. Ballentine extends the horizons of our understanding of health, enabling us to achieve levels of well-being we might never have imagined. This book will be an instant classic."
- Deepak Chopra, MD; best-selling author and the founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing
"Radical Healing presents a wonderful blend of the world's most dynamic healing methods spiced with many practical keys for their personal application."
- David Frawley, author of Yoga and Ayurveda
"Radical Healing is a masterpiece. Rudolph Ballentine has given us a passionate, inspiring, profoundly insightful, and completely usable resource through which we can understand and appreciate the power in the classic healing traditions. The information in this book is priceless, and I love his stories of healings. Radical Healing will help you heal, too."
- Caroline Myss, PhD, author of Anatomy of the Spirit and Why People Don't Heal and How They Can
"Dr. Ballentine's original, vitally important guide for working with your emotions and your body is radical in its simplicity, clarity, and effectiveness. His book empowers you to become a partner in your own healing."
- Mona Lisa Schulz, MD, PhD, author of Awakening Intuition
"This book is not about radical healing but sensible healing. It reminds me that much of what we call New Age healing is really Age Old healing. It is a source of wisdom and empowerment for every individual. One need not agree with every word to realize it is an excellent resource and a dose of medicine that everyone can enjoy taking. The side effects are all beneficial."
- Bernie Siegel, MD, author of Love, Medicine, and Miracles
Publisher: Himalayan Institute
Copyright: Second edition 2011
6.1" x 8.9"
Health / Healing
Purchase for Wholesale