Nicolai Bachmann, MA
The Language of Ayurveda is a reference on Sanskrit verses and terms used in Ayurveda which includes free digital download audio of guided pronunciations.
- Comprehensive Sanskrit studies
- draws from the numerous original ayurvedic texts
- covers the vast majority of vocabulary used by ayurvedic practitioners in the West
- chants of invocations as well as verses from original ayurvedic texts
- Teaching guides and a reference manual
The 130-page spiral-bound book provided in this package contains
- 8 common chants of invocation and 15 verses on Ayurveda
- Over 850 Sanskrit terms
- Appendices & reference tables on doshas, dhatus, tastes, and more
- Devanagari Sanskrit script, transliteration, and translation for everything
- Two ways to quickly find a word using the indices
- locate by Sanskrit name using the Sanskrit Index
- locate by the English translation using the English Index
- Easily accessible Sanskrit Pronunciation Key in the back of the book
- Complete bibliography
The spiral-bound book in this collection is a convenient 8" x 6 1/2" size.
About the Author
Nicolai Bachman, MA, RYT has been teaching Sanskrit and related topics since 1994. He has studied at the American Sanskrit Institute, graduated from the Ayurvedic Institute, and received his M.A. in Eastern Philosophy from St. John's College. He has produced several Sanskrit audio/visual-learning tools including 108 Sanskrit Flash Cards, Asana Names, and the Language of Yoga. Nicolai currently teaches Sanskrit, Chanting, Yoga Philosophy and Ayurveda in Santa Fe and throughout the country - wherever there are eager and interested students. He is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level.