Touched by Fire | Himalayan Institute
Touched by Fire
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
Pandit Tigunait's autobiography recounts his remarkable journey from his boyhood home in Amar Garh, a traditional village in northern India, to his current life as the spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute. Along the way, you'll share in his immersion in the Sanskrit scriptures, meet the saints and spiritual masters who teach him valuable meditation techniques, and witness some astonishing miracles and mystical events. Although this book is not a "how to" guide to enlightenment, by describing the challenges he faced - the years of disciplined study, the setbacks, the triumphs, and the struggle to master emotions like anger, pride, and despair - he author gives us the keys to finding our own way to happiness and spiritual fulfillment.
- "Touched by Fire is a living and practical guide for seekers on the path of truth and light. It sings with cultural revelation and rich imagery. Pandit Tigunait leads the reader through the unseen warfare with the ego to his real divine self, burned by the FIRE of faith. It is an inspired book worthy to be read and practiced. I am grateful to Panditji"
- Ambassador Wafik Kamil, PhD; Egyptian Ambassador to India; Secretary General, Asian-African Legal Consultative Organization for the UN
- "My inner calling demanded that I find something more fulfilling than simply trading time for money,' the author wrote in Chapter 5. 'Amen, I say! That belief is the wellspring from which Pandit Tigunait's story we see a breathtaking example of what happens when we place spiritual pursuits ahead of material ones."
- Jatin Desai CEO, Desai Learning
- "Touched by Fire offers a rare glance into the wisdom of the Himalayan sages, made clear and relevant for people of all traditions and cultures. From his humble origins in traditional orthodox Hinduism, Pandit Rajmani has emerged on the world stage as a torch bearer of this ancient wisdom, offering this pure light freely and with the heartfelt prayer that it ignite the fire in all of our hearts."
- Gary Kraftsow - Author of Yoga for Wellness and Yoga for Transformation, Director of American Viniyoga Institute